whole wheat bran muffin recipe
For such a healthy muffin, it's incredibly sweet and moist! In fact, they're so moist, it might be all right to eliminate the vegetable oil completely. I leave it to your own discretion! Happy baking!
Recipe makes approximately 12-15 muffins, depending on size.
- brown sugar 175 g 6.25 ounces
- sour cream 125 g 4.5 ounces
- apple sauce 150 g 5.25 ounces
- crushed pineapple 150 g 5.25 ounces
- orange juice 50 g 1.75 ounces
- vegetable oil 50 g 1.75 ounces
- vanilla 1/2 teaspoon
- eggs 3
- cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger 1/2 teaspoon each
- salt 1/4 teaspoon
- baking soda 1 teaspoon
- corn starch 1 teaspoon
- whole wheat flour 175 g 6.25 ounces
- wheat bran 75 g 2.5 ounces
- splash vinegar convert to imperial convert to metric
- Click an ingredient to tick it off the list.
- This recipe is available in metric and imperial.
Mix first eight ingredients together and set aside.
Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Add splash of vinegar and mix.
Scoop batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-22 minutes at 180° 350°.